Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Living life for today


Since Emilyn and Hailey were born I have become very involved in the March of Dimes and have "met" many wonderful women. One of those is Kate. Her son Kyle was born prematurely at 33 weeks and ended up spending about 9 months in the NICU before he was able to come home. However, coming home wasn't the end of his journey through prematurity. He has been in and out of the hospital many times and has had over thirteen surgeries, with another very big one coming up in the next week or two. This one will hopefully help to get him off of his IV TPN that he is dependent on to give him the nutrition he needs. Not too long ago Kyle went to another state to have a round of testing to see what was going on with his stomach, they couldn't fly commercial because of the IV medicine and oxygen that Kyle requires. Angel Flights stepped in to get him to where he needed to be. I saw that Kate was selling these t-shirts to raise money to donate to Angel flights and a branch of the March of Dimes that provides support to parents of babies in the NICU as well as parents who have lost their babies. I just had to have one for several reasons. They're adorable, the money raised will benefit two amazing charities, and I just had to show my love and support to this brave little boy and his amazing mommy! This five year old boy is so brave and is happy despite all the challenges he is facing in his life, and his smile just melts your heart. Kate does everything she can to keep him home, keep him healthy, and most of all keep him happy. I'm so happy that I have "met" her and am proud to wear my I<3KYLESTCLAIR t-shirt to show this amazing family my support.

2 comments:

  1. You are to sweet, thank you for your kind words and for supporting our sweet boy while also trying to get thru life without your babies...you are a very kind and generous person and friend.
    Love
    Kate

    ReplyDelete
  2. oops my name came up wrong...ha! I'm sure you know it was me but...

    xoxo
    K

    ReplyDelete