Friday, July 30, 2010

Eight months in Heaven


I can't believe it's really been eight months since I last held and loved on my sweet baby girls. Since I smelled their sweet baby scent and kissed their sweet cheeks. They were watching out for me today, making sure I found just the perfect flowers for them. I went to the store and the first words out of my mouth were "I don't want roses, carnations, or daisies" The lady's reply? "we have gerber daisies..." Yeah, lol. Living in Guam, those three flowers are typically your only choice because a lot of the other kinds just won't survive the trip over here. Well, when I had first walked in I spied these beauties at the back of the fridge, but I couldn't see exactly what they looked like because it was dark. So after the lady said all they had really were daisies I asked her if those were available. Usually the ones in the back aren't, they're saved for someone. But, lucky for me they weren't saved for anyone! She brought them out, a hot pink one, a light pink one and a white one....perfect. Just what I wanted! I got five more chrysanthemums to bring the number of flowers out to eight, for the number of months I've been missing my girls. I think these may be my favorite flowers yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment